- Full duplex 2Gb/s Fibre Channel delivering up to 400MB/s
- Automatic speed negotiation
- Automatic topology detection
- Full fabric support using F_Port and FL_port connections
- Onboard hardware context cache for superior fabric performance
- Support for multiple concurrent protocols (SCSI and IP)
- Full support for both FC service class 2 and 3
- Full fabric boot support in x86 environments to multiple LUNs
- Support for FC-Tape (FCP-2) devices
- 66/100/133MHz PCI-X 1.0a and PCI 2.2 compatibility
- End-to-end parity protection for high data integrity
- Robust suite of software supporting Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Linux and NetWare
- Optical small form factor (LC) interface
The LP982 PCI-X host bus adapter offers a highly integrated 2Gb/s Fibre Channel HBA for use in servers based on either PCI or the latest PCI-X expansion bus. The LP982 delivers exceptional performance through the use of an Emulex Pegasus ASIC, a 266MIPs onboard processor, an embedded 1Gig/2Gig SERDES, and a high performance unified QDR SRAM. The LP982 features automatic topology detection and automatic speed negotiation capability. These capabilities allow complete compatibility with existing 1Gb/s Fibre Channel SANs, while allowing seamless upgrades to higher speed 2Gb/s SANs.
The features of this PCI-X based HBA provide the flexibility and broad interoperability needed for complex, highly scalable SANs. The LP982 provides a combination of features, fabric support using F_Port and FL_Port connections, full-duplex data transfers, high data integrity features, support for all Fibre Channel topologies, and support for service classes 2 and 3.
The LP982 also features sophisticated hardware that provides superior performance in SANs and provides best in class server CPU offload. This exclusive hardware delivers low latency and high throughput in fabric, arbitrated loop and clustered environments. Support for fiber optic cabling is provided through an embedded small form factor (LC) optical interface.