- Full duplex 2Gb/s Fibre Channels deliver up to 800MB/s link bandwidth
- Automatic speed negotiationFull fabric support using F_Port and FL_port connections
- Onboard hardware context cache for superior fabric performance
- Support for multiple concurrent protocols (SCSI and IP)
- Full support for both FC service class 2 and 3
- Support for FC-Tape (FCP-2) devices
- 64 bit PCI-X 1.0a and PCI 2.2 compatibility
- End-to-end parity protection for high data integrity
- Robust suite of software including IP and storage protocols under Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, Windows NT, Linux, NetWare, AIX and Solaris
- Optical small form factor (LC) interface support
The LP9402DC Dual Channel PCI-X host bus adapter offers two independent 2Gb/s Fibre Channel HBA interfaces in a single PCI-X slot. It delivers exceptional performance through the use of two Emulex Centaur ASICs, two 266MIPS onboard processors, high speed buffer memory. The LP9402DC features automatic speed negotiation capability which allows complete compatibility with existing 1Gb/s Fibre Channel SANs, while allowing seamless upgrades to higher speed 2Gb/s SANs.
The LP9402DC architecture is based on two of Emulex’s high performance 2Gb/s HBAs integrated into one board with a PCI-X bridge to provide bus compatibility with PCI-X or PCI 2.2 based systems. This provides the flexibility and broad interoperability needed for complex, highly scalable SANs. The LP9402DC provides a combination of features, including fabric support using F_Port and FL_Port connections, full-duplex data transfers, high data integrity features, support for all Fibre Channel topologies, and support for service classes 2 and 3, in a dual channel HBA.
The LP9402DC also features sophisticated hardware that provides superior performance in SANs, delivering low latency and high throughput in fabric, arbitrated loop and clustered environments. Support for the fiber optic cabling is provided through embedded small form factor (LC) optical interfaces.