- Simultaneous full duplex 2Gb/s Fibre Channel
- Full fabric support using F_Port and FL_Port connections
- Onboard hardware context cache for superior fabric performance
- Support for concurrent multiple protocols (SCSI and IP)
- Full support for FC service Classes 2 and 3
- Support for FC-Tape (FCP-2) devices
- 64 bit, SBus
- End-to-end parity protection for high data integrity
- Buffered data architecture to support extended cabling length
- Automatic speed negotiation
- Automatic topology detection
- Optical small form factor (LC) interface support
- Supports common HBA API Management Interface(FC-MI Annex A)
- Supports Fibre Channel fabric boot
Optimized for Sun Microsystems SBus servers, the LightPulse™ LP9002S Fibre Channel SBus host adapter provides support for 2Gb/s Fibre Channel data rates, delivering the industry’s highest performance. The LP9002S features automatic speed negotiation capability which allows complete compatibility with existing 1Gb/s Fibre Channel Storage Area Networks (SANs), while allowing seamless upgrades to higher speed 2Gb/s SANs.
The LP9002S provides the flexibility and interoperability needed for complex, highly scalable SANs. The LP9002S provides a unique combination of features, including fabric support using F_Port and FL_Port connections, full-duplex data transfers, high data integrity features, support for all Fibre Channel topologies, and support for service class 2 and 3.
LP9002S also features sophisticated hardware that provides superior performance in SANs, delivering low latency and high throughput in fabric and clustered environments.