- Simultaneous full duplex 2Gb/s Fibre Channel delivers up to 400MB/s
- Automatic speed negotiation
- Full fabric support using F_Port and FL_Port connections
- Onboard hardware context cache for superior fabric performance
- Support for concurrent multiple protocols (SCSI, IP)
- Full support for both FC service Class 2 and 3
- Support for FC-Tape (FCP-2) devices
- End-to-end parity protection for high data integrity
- Buffered data architecture to support up to 50km cabling at full 2Gb/s bandwidth
- Robust suite of software including IP and storage protocols under Windows Server 2003, Windows 2000, Windows NT, HP-UX, Linux, NetWare, Solaris and AIX
- Optical small form factor (LC) interface support either short-wave or long-wave optics
- 32/64 bit and 33/66 MHz PCI support
- Supports common HBA API Management Interface (FC-MI Annex A)
- Supports Fibre Channel fabric boot
The LightPulse™ LP9002L Fibre Channel PCI host adapter provides support for 2Gb/s Fibre Channel data rates, delivering the industry’s highest performance. The LP9002L features automatic speed negotiation capability which allows complete compatibility with existing 1Gb/s Fibre Channel SANs, while allowing seamless upgrades to higher speed 2Gb/s SANs.
The LP9002L provides the flexibility and broad interoperability needed for complex highly scalable SANs. The LP9002L provides a unique combination of features, including fabric support using F_Port and FL_Port connections, full-duplex data transfers, high data integrity features, support for all Fibre Channel topologies, and support for service class 2 and 3.
The LP9002L also features sophisticated hardware that provides superior performance in storage area networks, delivering low latency and high throughput in fabric and clustered environments.