- 3U CompactPCI form factor (100mm x160mm)
- Simultaneous full duplex 2Gb/s Fibre Channel
- Full fabric support using F_Port and FL_Port connections
- Onboard hardware context cache for superior fabric performance
- Support for concurrent multiple protocols (SCSI and IP)
- Full support for FC service class 2 and 3
- Support for FC-Tape (FCP-2) devices
- 32/64 bit and 33/66 MHz Compact PCI support
- End-to-end parity protection for high data integrity
- Buffered data architecture to support up to 50km cabling at full 2Gb/s bandwidth
- Automatic speed negotiation
- Automatic topology detection
- Optical small form factor (LC) interface support
- Supports common HBA API Management Interface (FC-MI Annex A)
- Supports Fibre Channel fabric boot
The LightPulse™ LP9002C Fibre Channel CompactPCI™ (cPCI) host bus adapter combines the new generation features and functionality of the 2Gb/s low profile LP9002L with the rugged Eurocard mechanics of the cPCI architecture. Like the LP9002L and LP9002S, the LP9002C provides support for 2Gb/s Fibre Channel data rates, delivering the industry’s highest performance. The LP9002C features automatic speed negotiation capability which allows complete compatibility with existing 1Gb/s Fibre Channel storage area networks (SANs), and allows seamless upgrades to higher speed 2Gb/s SANs.
The LP9002C provides the flexibility and broad interoperability needed for complex and highly scalable SANs. The LP9002C provides a unique combination of features, including fabric support using F_Port and FL_Port connections, full-duplex data transfers, high data integrity features, support for all Fibre Channel topologies, and support for service class 2 and 3.
LP9002C also features sophisticated hardware that provides superior performance in SANs, delivering low latency and high throughput in fabric and clustered environments.