- full bandwidth support at 4Gb/s Fibre Channel speed
- single-channel PCI-X 2.0 to 4Gb/s Fibre Channel model
- auto speed negotiation allows seamless integration into existing 1Gb/s and 2Gb/s Fibre Channel SANs
- PCI-X 2.0 mode 2, 266MHz bus compatibility and extended high-availability support with ECC
- also compatible with PCI 33/66 and PCI-X 66/100/133 MHz slots
- exclusive on-board support for universal boot: simultaneous on-board support for remote boot in x86, Itanium (BootBIOS and EFI), and Open Boot in UNIX environments
- on-board hardware context cache for superior fabric support and high transaction performance
- multiprotocol support (SCSI & IP)
- FC service class 2 and 3 support
- firmware-upgradeable architecture: update HBA features and functionality, preserve investment value
- hardware-independent drivers ease management and allow driver upgrade independent of HBA firmware
The Emulex LP11000 host bus adapter offers highly–integrated 4Gb/s Fibre Channel connectivity solutions for enterprise–class Storage Area Networks. The LP11000 HBA delivers exceptional performance through the use of the Emulex Helios Fibre Channel I/O controller. The high–performance Helios controller is a dual–channel device that combines ARM11™ microprocessors, 1Gig/2Gig/4Gig SERDES, buffer memory, and an advanced Fibre Channel protocol engine into a single module. The LP11000 HBA uses a low–profile PCI card form factor that adapts to either standard height or low profile server slots.
The LP11000’s unique architecture per forms transactions at the frame level, making it ideal for mixed–workload environments such as simultaneous tape and disk operations. This unique architecture also produces the highest efficiency in mixed speed networks.
The robust features of Emulex LightPulseŽ HBAs provide the flexibility and broad interoperability needed for complex, highly–scalable heterogeneous SANs. The LP11000 builds upon the Emulex software architecture that enables the independence of an operating system’s device driver from the underlying HBA platform. This exclusive HBA architecture is the foundation for proven reductions in the total cost of SAN ownership. The Emulex LP11000 HBA architecture provides a platform that is fully software–compatible with previous generations of market leading Emulex HBAs. This enables customers to effortlessly migrate to new Emulex HBAs, while also allowing for simplified integration into existing Storage Area Networks.
Choosing to standardize on Emulex HBAs provides significant investment protection. The Emulex firmware–based architecture provides the capability to update prior generation HBAs to current standards while leveraging newly–released management capabilities and performance features.
The Emulex centralized HBA management suite, HBAnyware™ reduces both total cost of ownership and server downtime. This feature is available on the LP11000 as well as previous generations of Emulex HBAs. Complementing the Emulex software architecture, HBAnyware enables sophisticated management capabilities such as remote firmware upgrades from a single console anywhere in the SAN.
Emulex LP11000 HBAs feature specialized hardware, which yields superior performance in SANs and provides best–in–class server CPU offload. Emulex HBA architecture also delivers low latency and high throughput in switched–fabric and arbitrated–loop topologies, and in clustered environments.