- Enterprise–class HBAs ideal for large or mixed OS SAN environments
- Single– and dual–channel PCI-X to 2Gb/s Fibre Channel models
- Full fabric support with automatic topology and speed adaptation
- cHBA API support (FC-MI) enables simplified SAN management
- Onboard hardware context cache for superior fabric support and high transaction performance
- Support for use of multiple concurrent protocols (SCSI & IP)
- FC service class 2 and 3 support
- FC-Tape (FCP-2) device support
- Simultaneous on card support for remote boot
in x86, Itanium
(BootBIOS and EFI), and OpenBoot in Unix environments
- End–to–end parity protection for high data integrity
- Large on card data buffer supports over 50km cabling at full 2Gb/s bandwidth
The Emulex LP10000 family of host bus adapters offers highly integrated 2Gb/s Fibre Channel to PCI/PCI-X connectivity solutions for enterprise-class storage area networks. The LP10000 HBAs deliver exceptional performance through the use of "Thor", Emulex's sixth generation Fibre Channel controller. The Thor high performance controller is a dual channel device that combines ARM9™ microprocessors, 1Gig/2Gig SERDES, and an advanced Fibre Channel protocol engine into a single module. The LP10000 family includesboth single- and dual-channel HBAs, in a low-profile PCI card form factor that adapts to either standard height or low profile server slots.
The robust features of Emulex's LightPulse™ HBAs provide the flexibility and broad interoperability needed for complex, highly scalable heterogeneous SANs. The LP10000 builds upon the Emulex software architecture, which enables the independence of an operating system's device driver from the underlying HBA platform. This exclusive HBA architecture is the foundation for proven reductions in the total cost of ownership of a SAN. The Emulex LP10000 HBA architecture provides a platform that is fully software compatible with previous generations of Emulex's market leading HBAs. This enables customers to effortlessly migrate to Emulex's new HBAs, while also allowing for simplified integration into existing storage area networks.
Choosing to standardize on Emulex HBAs provides significant investment protection. The Emulex firmware-based architecture provides the capability to update prior generation HBAs to current standards while leveraging newly released management capabilities and performance features.
Emulex's recently introduced centralized HBA management suite, HBAnyware™ reduces both total cost of ownership and server downtime. This feature is available on the LP10000 as well as previous generations of Emulex HBAs. Complementing the Emulex software architecture, HBAnyware enables sophisticated management capabilities such as remote firmware upgrades from a single console anywhere in a SAN.
Emulex LP10000 HBAs feature specialized hardware, which yields superior performance in SANs and provides best in class server CPU offload. Emulex’s HBA architecture delivers low latency and high throughput in switched fabric and arbitrated loop topologies, and in clustered environments.