- 22-ports, 4, 2 or 1 Gb/s per port speeds
- Integrated Fibre Channel Controller delivers
communications, including SES
- Automatic Trunking** fully multiples bandwidth with failover pathing
- Fairness & Prioritization** eliminates "drive starvation" problems
- Advanced diagnostics, performance monitoring and fault isolation automatically ensure maximum storage system availability
- Compatible with InSpeed Embedded Storage
previous generation InSpeed SOCs to deliver fully switched
infrastructures for ultimate RAS and performance
The 3rd generation InSpeed SOC 422 is the industry's first 4 Gb/s embedded storage switch that enables the next generation of storage systems using higher speeds and 2.5" Small Form Factor disk drives. The InSpeed SOC 422 delivers a new benchmark to maximize storage system performance while scaling and RAS (Reliability, Availability and Serviceability).
It is ideal for:
- Transforming traditional JBODs (Just A Bunch of Disks) to highly reliable SBODs (Switched Bunch Of Disks) by placing switched connectivity between the storage controller and the individual drives in a disk or tape storage system to achieve up to 3-times performance while scaling improvements, and automatic problem diagnosis and corrective action down to the drive level.
- Delivering a Fully Switched Infrastructure when implemented as an SBOD in conjunction with Emulex InSpeed Embedded Storage Switches as Root Switches to obtain maximum RAS and up to 3-times performance while scaling improvements, and up to 5-times with the use of Automatic Trunking.