- 12-ports, 2 or 1 Gb/s per port speeds
- Non-blocking Crossbar switch core with embedded SERDES
- Fairness & Prioritization** eliminates "drive starvation" problems
- Advanced diagnostics, performance monitoring and fault isolation automatically ensure maximum storage system availability
The field-proven InSpeed SOC 312 is the industry's first commercially available, fully integrated 2 Gb/s Fibre Channel SOC.
The InSpeed SOC 312 brings point-to-point switched connectivity to the individual drives in the storage array, enabling new drive-level diagnostics and preventative maintenance and eliminating the single-point-of-failure risks that each individual drive poses to the entire drive shelf and sometimes the entire storage array. It is ideal for:
- Transforming traditional JBODs (Just A Bunch of Disks) to highly reliable SBODs (Switched Bunch Of Disks) by placing switched connectivity between the storage controller and the individual drives in a disk or tape storage system to achieve up to 3-times performance while scaling improvements, and automatic problem diagnosis and corrective action down to the drive level.